(00:00) Yoni Assia is the founder and CEO of Etoro, one of the most successful crypto and stock buying apps on the market with over 27 million users in over 100 countries at the time of recording. Originally founded in 2007, it was one of the pioneering companies to incorporate crypto to their platform as early as 2013. What led Yoni to being so early and where did the idea for Etoro stem from?
- Founder and CEO of Etoro.
- 27 million users in over 100 countries.
- One of the pioneering companies to incorporate crypto.
(16:48) Etorro added crypto to their service package way back in 2013. From a regulation perspective this is mindblowing considering the growing pains crypto is experiencing today. So what did that process look like 9 years ago? And how difficult was it to implement?
- Crypto was added to the Etoro package in 2013.
- With the regulation issues experienced today, this is quite a feat.
- What was that process and how difficult was it to implement?
(26:42) Yoni believes that the NFT space has been a catalyst for mass migration to crypto citing the ‘tangible’ nature as a greater appeal and a simpler access point. But how is this being enabled on Etoro? Will NFT’s be made available on Etoro directly?
- The NFT space is the catalyst for mass migration, according to Yoni.
- The tangible nature of the pieces and simpler access point being the prime reasons.
- How will this be enabled on Etoro?
(34:56) Yoni believes Etoros role is to bring diversification of assets to portfolios within the space offering alternatives such as ETF’s, smart portfolios and social investment. But which model has been adopted most given the passive investment popularity in crypto and what risks would be associated?
- Etoro’s role; bring diversification of assets to portfolios.
- Offering alternatives such as ETF’s, smart portfolios & social investment.
- But what model is most widely adopted and what are the risks?